Saturday, January 29, 2011

Children of the Force

As human beings, we are capable of the most incredible dreams, and most horrific nightmares...this is the light, and darkness of the Force.

We are all teachers as well as pupils, spending every meandering moment of our lives trying to become that much closer to the Force. The erudition we seek is at times overwhelming, blinding, but we carry on, and study further. My question to you is, why? Why do we study the Force so assiduously? Do we study only to gather together and babble as pedantic scholars; throwing out sagacious parables to laboriously try and outwit one another so that we may further learn?... I do not hold the answers to these questions for you, you must look deep with yourself and find your own truth. I, can only share why I study with such diligence - it is for the future, the children of the Force.

I began to study for purely selfish reasons; to better my own mind and body and be part of something that can truly make this domicile we call Earth, a more palatable place. However, one day, I will be gone, and this crude matter which defines my body will turn to dust. What will it mean to have studied all my life, to then rise from my carbon shell to another level of spirituality? I knew I needed to leave a finger print, not only to show that I was once here, that I mattered, but to continue the love and devotion to the Force with the children.
What good would it be, that when I am gone, there would no one to call upon my spirit for guidance, for help. That is why it is imperative we pass on our philosophy to our children.

Children are born naturally with a good heart, a soul that effortlessly follows the light. The Force flows powerfully through them, without even their knowledge. It is up to us to nurture that "good", as to carry on the practices to which we have devoted our minds. If we do not, their natural abilities will wane, and hide so deeply within their core it may never resurface again.
It is wise to teach your children by example; showering them with morality, humbling them with truth. Allow them to glimpse the dark side, so they will know it exists, and arm them with the wit that it took you to fight the darkness yourself. If we do not take heed in guiding our children, the Force will then be subject to abrogation. It will become but lore, doomed as fiction.
Let us employ our spirits whence we are no more, and give the children our souls to call upon when they seek their own answers.

I am not in a position to pontificate my convictions to you. I am in no way telling you how to rear your children. I feel you will do what is right. I am but a singular voice, speaking my heart as your equal, as your pupil, your teacher, your child. A Jedi draws from the Force to protect life - our children, let us also protect our future by assuring that it will continue to exist.
May the Force be with you, and stay in your heart for endless generations.

Ezra-Kye Poh

No comments:

Post a Comment