Monday, January 31, 2011

Patients

Run when it is time to run. Walk when it is time to walk. Stand without moving often. -- Jedi Maxim

A young trainee travelled across the Galaxy to study beneath Jedi Master Tai'ja Nekk. Upon arrival he was given audience by the legendary Jedi Master.

"What is it you want from me?" she asked.

"I wish to be your student and become the greatest Jedi in the galaxy" the trainee replied. "How long must I study?"

"Ten cycles at least," the Jedi Master answered.

"Ten cycles is a long time," said the trainee. "What if I studied twice as hard as your other students?"

"Twenty cycles" she replied.

"Twenty cycles! What if I were to practice day and night with all of my effort?"

"Thirty cycles," was the Jedi's reply.

"Why is it Master that each time I state that I will work harder, you tell me that it will take longer?" the trainee asked.

"The answer is clear. When one eye is fixed upon your destination, there is only one eye left with which to find the Way."



‘Haste makes waste’ – Anon

Baal Legato

No comments:

Post a Comment