Saturday, January 29, 2011

Use the Force

The Mythology of Star Wars. The title of the PBS show scrolled up onto my television screen on the preview channel much like the opening to Star Wars itself. I immediately flipped to the channel and was rewarded with the smiling face of George Lucas. I had unfortunately missed most of the show, but after listening to the conversation with the interviewer, something caught my attention. They began talking about "a leap of faith". Mr. Lucas added by saying,"Well that's what 'Use the Force' really means, to take that leap of faith". This intrigued me. Never in my entire career as a Jedi had I been given this perspective on the nature of the Force.

Let's flashback for a moment. At the end of Star Wars, Luke Skywalker recieved a message from Obi-wan Kenobi to "use the Force". But what did this really mean? Like most people, I assumed this meant that he let the Force flow through him and guide his actions. However, I've found this to not be the whole truth. Luke was in esssence taking a leap of faith. To trust in himself that he could do what the Rebellion was counting on him to do.

Throughout your day, you'll probably have many oppurtunities to question yourself, and your abilities. Instead of being nervous and frustrated, turn off the navicomputer, and "Use the Force"..."Let go"...

Take a leap of faith.

Streen

No comments:

Post a Comment