Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Long Road to Enlightenment

Why is there so much skepticism surrounding this thing called the Force or Tao (depending on your belief)? Is it that unbelievable? Things happen so often that cause us to drop our jaws and hide our eyes because of their level of disgust or because of their violence. Yet, we believe it because we see it on TV, or hear on the radio, read about it in the newspaper. So if we are capable of believing such horrible things, then why not good things? Things that could, in time, lead to the enlightenment of all civilization. Things that could help is realize what is really important, and to be more kind. But no, most people don't see that. Most believe that such a power is only good for moving objects with their minds, or for influencing people, or for gaining wealth and power, instead of using it to spread peace, and help others. Power is nothing. What good does it do? It is corrupting, and utterly destructive. So what if you have power for a time? If it has not helped anyone, then what's the point? I see none.

For the most part, people don't believe in such things because of movies, and television, and how their greatness has been turned into science fiction, doing it the greatest injustice. It cannot be bought. It cannot be used in such a way. So much has been lost. So many people have missed the point. They have become ignorant and fail to see the beauty of it. They have lost the way. What is the way then? I don't know. I hope to find it, however. I also hope to find ways of letting others know. But again, few listen. I cannot make people listen. They have to do it on their own free will. If they don't want to learn then why should I bother to teach them? But now I sound as if I am some great teacher and that I know something no one else does. Maybe I do, maybe I don't. There are others who have seen it, who that something lies behind the think wall we call reality. But how do I know it exists? I don't really. This whole thing may be completely pointless. Maybe I'm wasting my time on some idealistic crusade. What is the answer? What am I really supposed to do? Am I here for a specific purpose? What is the point? Should I bother?

Yes. You should. Everyone has their place, and you must discover what that place is. For some it takes years. For others it may take months, or days. You are one. You are your self. Not what's on the outside, but what's on the inside. What can't be seen with your eyes. Learn to know that. Do what you feel is right. Not what looks right.

Sometimes you must stop and think. Other times you must act. Have patience, but do not waste your time. Lead a simple life. Rest when you are tired; excersize when you have time; meditate when life is confusing and let the answers come to you (but do not let meditation have priority over everything else); eat when you are hungry (that doesn't mean unhealthy food); do not force people to do things, only make suggestions; help another when they are in need.

It will be a long road. Take your time and remember what is important. The old Chinese symbol for Tao represents a person running along a path. That is you. That is everyone. Everyone makes the journey. Use wisely what you have learned. BE.

...Streen
Streen@thejedi.org
www.Jedicreed.org

No comments:

Post a Comment