Monday, January 31, 2011

Meditation (G2)

I have recieved an enormous response to my original "meditation" lecture. I have recieved numerous E-mails requesting more posts on meditation techniques, and other posts responding to my call for additional meditation techniques to supplement my lectures. I have chosen one for this lecture because I have heard of it previously, and have actually used it before, and have found it very beneficial:

JediKnightG- This is in response to your WebBoard posting regarding meditation.

One technique I have found helpful is the Color Healing technique. You sit quietly however is most comfortable, and with each breath in, imagine a ball of light above your head (starting with gold, going through the spectrum, red, orange, yellow, etc...) and with each breath out, imagine that ball of light decending through the top of your head (the seventh chakra) and going to wherever you need the healing. If it is not a specific place, just imagine it spreading throughout your body. Do this for all the colors. When I did this every day, I found it kept away my severe migraines, (from which I have been suffering for all of my 14 years) and help to lessen the severity of my allergies, high blood pressure and asthma attacks.

This Email was sent to me by Jamie Darkmoonsinger, who I would like to thank for the contribution. When I first utilized this method several weeks ago, I had some trouble with the coloration part of the sphere. By nature, I have always dreamed in black and white. My daydreams and meditation are also this way, as I feel it is a bit more clear in my mind. However, after a bit of practice, I was eventually able to convince my mind to see in color. For some people, this meditation technique will be extremely benificial, as it is a very active sort of meditation. With the constant movement and color-changing properties of the sphere, it is especially helpful to those who get restless in the midst of meditation. Also, while it is the color-healing technique, it may also be used generally. Instead of just feeling the ball of light go to a specific area, you may wish to do a variation on the exercise, and absorb it fully into your body, or feel it enter your center of gravity. One final tip for using this method of meditation: Try it with the lights out, or by dim candlelight (please make sure you're old enough to use candles.) By doing this, you are more focused and it becomes easier to define the different colors.

Please feel free to continue sending me meditation techniques, as I would like to expand on this lecture topic in the future.

JediKnightG
PradseLost@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment